In the 8 weeks leading up to a weekend build, we can co-create & construct a space together.
Our process includes 3 phases:
We'll get to know each other and determine if we're a match.
Activities Weeks 1-2
- Apply to Trundle through the website form
- Participate in a phone interview to tell us about you, your passions and your style
- Begin collecting images of inspiring colors, patterns, furniture pieces and layouts
We'll share inspiration and plan new design ideas.
Activities Weeks 3-6
- Meet in person at your home where you can show us your space and help us take measurements of it
- Share different design directions
- Use images, markers and miniature model furniture to co-create new design possibilities
- Refine and finalize the design
We'll roll up our sleeves to transform your space together.
Activities Weeks 6-8 (makeover occurs over a 2-day weekend)
- Collect and purchase all items necessary from paint to pillowcases
- Prepare the space for a makeover (you'll help us by cleaning it before we arrive!)
- Move furniture, build furniture, paint, do art an art project...
- Re-energize over lunch together
- Work some more
- Dedicate the room when we're done!
We believe that the impact of Trundle can spread beyond the families we connect with here in Chicago. That's why we share each Trundle transformation in 3 ways:
1. We post photos, plans and pricing explaining how we changed each space so you can do it too.
2. Trundle participants report back to us 3 months after their sleeping area is transformed. We see what life is like in their new space and how they've customized it since we left!
We believe that space impacts how we feel, think and behave.