In the 8 weeks leading up to the weekend build, we will design your new space together.
Our process includes 3 phases:
We'll will meet in person, get to know each other and determine if we're a match!
Activities Week 1-2
- Apply to trundle through the website form
- Participate in a phone interview to tell us about you, your passions and your style
- Begin collecting images of inspiring colors, patterns, furniture pieces and layouts
We'll share inspiration, brainstorm new design ideas and make a plan.
Activities Weeks 3-6
- Meet in person at your home where you can show us your space and help us take measurements of it
- Share different design directions
- Use images, markers, and miniature model furniture to co-create new design possibilities
- Refine and finalize the design
We'll roll up our sleeves to transform your space together in one weekend.
Activities Weeks 6-8
- Collect and purchase all items necessary from paint to pillowcases
- Prepare the space for a makeover
- Move furniture, build furniture, paint, do an art project...
- Dedicate the room when we're done!
We believe that the impact of Trundle can spread beyond the families we connect with here in Chicago. That's why we share each Trundle transformation in 3 ways:
- We post photos, plans and pricing explaining how we changed each space so you can do it too.
- Trundle participants report back to us 3 months after their sleeping area is transformed. We see what life is like in their new space and how they've customized it since we left!
- A unique poster is designed by an artist for the occupants of each space that is transformed. Limited edition prints will be sold on this site so you can bring a piece of the Trundle experience to your own space.